Sold per 4 oz
Ingredients: Organic burdock root, organic sheep sorrel, organic slippery elm bark, and organic (Turkey) rhubarb root.
Description: Essiac, which is Caisse spelled backward, was then administered to the nurse's cancer patients, some of whom exhibited promising results. Because of this, essiac tea was promoted for mainstream users to the rest of North America. However, there was pushback from the medical establishment due to a lack of clinical drug trials, so, under the U.S. Food and Drug Administration guidelines, it remains an unregulated supplement.
Warning: Pregnant women, consult your physician. Should use only stainless steel utensils when preparing this tea.
NOTICE: This product contains Rhubarb Root (Rheum palmatum). Read and follow directions carefully. Do not use if you have or develop diarrhea, loose stools, or abdominal pain because Rhubarb Root may worsen these conditions and be harmful to your health. Consult your physician if you have frequent diarrhea or if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Individuals with a history of kidney stones should use this herb cautiously.
Daily serving size: 4 oz
To prepare Essiac Tea:
- Boil 1-gallon fresh spring water or distilled water in a stainless steel pot.
- Stir in 4 oz of tea (by weight *), cover pot.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir. Cover and let sit for 12 hours at room temperature.
- Stir, cover, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Strain through a fine mesh colander. Funnel liquid into clean amber glass bottle and cap. Tighten cap after cooling.
- Refrigerate. The mixture will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks if refrigerated.
* If you are unable to weigh 4 oz of tea, you can use the following conversions:
-For Organic and Conventional Essiac Teas: 4 oz is approx. 275 ml or 1 1/16 cup.
-For Organic Trinity Essiac Tea: 4 oz is approx. 180 ml or 3/4 cup.
Directions for drinking:
- Shake herbal tea to mix well. Add 2 fl oz tea to an equal amount (2 fl oz) boiled fresh spring or distilled water.
- Drink 4 fl oz daily on an empty stomach, preferably before bedtime.
Packaging: To preserve freshness, aroma, and potency, our 4 oz loose teas are packaged in a convenient stand-up pouch with a re-sealable zipper closure.
Certified Kosher & Organic